Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Digoxin and Atrial Fibrillation

For some reason, I still see many patients with atrial fibrillation on digoxin.  I don't know if this is because they haven't been in to see their doctors in a while, or if no one is checking their medication lists to update them.  Granted I am still working an urgent care capacity, so not many of my patients are even asking for my opinion on their heart medication when I suture their laceration.  However, I have never been one to refrain from giving my opinion when I feel it is useful.  (Even when not useful I prefer to opine, but that's a story for another day.)

I would like to site an article from American Family Physician from August 15, 2006.  http://www.aafp.org/afp/2006/0815/p613.html
Although outdated, much of its content is still applicable to practice in outpatient setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment